Pages

Looking for something...????

Monday, June 8, 2009

Requiem for Darkness


My life stretches before me
An arid wasteland
All alone I stand here
Among mountains of sand
My cold heard beats in mine bosom
Hard as stone, closed to the world,
As I stand alone in this sea of sorrow
Shedding tears of dust

Each breath is laboured
Every step heavier than the last
My mind reminisces about joys once savoured
Yet I am lost in infinite coldness

I yearn for joy, I yearn for love,
I yearn for sorrow, I yearn for pain
I yearn for emotion, something I lost somewhere along,
Nay, for sooth, I threw it away.

After all, I reasoned, who needs emotion?
Love hurts all within its grasp
Anger consumes you like a flame
Regret haunts you ‘til the last of your days
Emotion is a useless thing
Something better to have kept away.

But lo! I beseech you, follow not in mine footsteps
For no longer can I savour the sweet taste
Of love, comradeship, all things good,
Nor can I weep, weep tears of sorrow
(heartfelt of otherwise)
For what I have yearned for, I have become,
A cold emotionless monster.

Alas, for now it is far too late for me to change
For I now stand alone; all have passed me by
Too late for me perhaps, but not for you !
Live your life, live it through,
Be not like me, able to do naught but shed tears of dust,
A cold emotionless monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Powered By Blogger